Loft is excited to announce the second Singer-Songwriter Open-Mic Night!
There is music in all of us, and what better way to light up the winter darkness by sharing or listening to some local, acoustic musical talent in a cozy space? Preferably with a cold brew, or a hot tea in hand 😉 .
It is the perfect event if you are new to performing and would like to practice in a more intimate setting, or if you are looking to meet other singers and songwriters like yourself!
Here’s how it works:
• There are 10 slots for 10 performers (can be individual, a duo, or a small group), and each performer is able to present 2 musical pieces.
If you are interested in performing, please send an email to our event host Chelsea Arlette at email@example.com with the following details:
1) Your name, and how you would prefer to be introduced to the stage
2) One interesting fact about yourself (ie. Where you are from, how long have you been singing/writing music, etc)
You will get an email response promptly when your name has been added to the performance list, and Chelsea will give you the approximate time you will have the stage. The deadline to sign up as a performer is on Thursday, February 27.
• Original music pieces are encouraged, however covers and your own renditions of songs are always welcome!
• For mics, mic stands and sound, we’ve got you covered.
• There is a house acoustic guitar, and house drums that can be used. You are welcome to bring your own instruments to play as well.
• If there are any specifications that you may require for your performance, feel free to let the Loft Staff know before the event starts, and we will try to accommodate.
• Our event host, Chelsea, will introduce each performer to the stage.
• Play and sing your heart out!
• Celebrate your performance with a beer (optional but encouraged 😄)
• Come back the next Singer-Songwriter Open-Mic event and do it all over again.
We look forward to seeing you!